Thursday, June 29, 2017

Lovely Sewing purchases

Today I received my sewing purchases, yes, more than one!  I had ordered some poly-fiberfill to stuff pillows.  It arrived in such a big box that I had to roll it in the house.  Not that the box was heavy, it was simply huge!  After that arrived I noticed the MASSDROP box sitting out on the front porch -Yippy!  My Pink queen size batting must of arrived as well. The Quilter's Dream Pink looks like a good buy plus proceeds help charity, on the back the story stated the money helps ALS and helps find a cure, but not sure how current that is.  The year listed on the brand was 2016-2017; so I guess that was still the charity affiliation.  I had a choice of size and choose the queen size since I can get more bang for my buck that way. The queen size listed as 93 inches or so by 108-- - >this would be perfect for my use. According to the product info on the manufacturers web page the color "pink" should not bleed thru nor give off a pink coloring to ones quilt.  Yet, if using white, you may see a bit of shadowing of pink under the white, I am fine with this because some of my colors on the quilts I plant to use this pink with are dark enough that shadowing will not be an issue. https://smiles.amazon.com

I immediately opened the fiberfill because I needed to finish stuffing a pillow that the granddaughter sewed last week-end while visiting & learning how to sew.   The fiberfill was a great deal for the amount I needed (or thought I needed) on Amazon.  After reading an hours worth of reviews & checking prices for the various types of fiberfill I decide on the soft, eco-friendly raw-cluster fiber filling brand that was made in the USA; it was shipped by eLuxurysupply.com.  I opened the package, which was shrink-wrapped in plastic plus was encased in very fine linen sheeting that had a Serged edge all around.  The fun part was cutting open the shrink-wrap and watching it expand like expanding foam!
I encourage anyone looking for good quality fiberfill to check out their website, or follow their Twitter account  - - >@eLuxurysupply. Check out the company, it will pleasantly surprise you with their values & how customer service is paramount. Needless to say I am very pleased with the product and the service. The color was snow white and very silky soft, great for stuffing animals, children's toys, pillows and other crafty projects.  https://www.eluxurysupply.com/

Nothing like buying premium fiberfill  in 20 pounds lots.  I am very happy that I thought this purchase thru beforehand because I purchased it in 4 five pound bags, good choice.  I think I will be in the pillow sewing business for quite some time. I really love the fresh feeling of pillows in a room, especially different types for several uses; i.e floor pillows, couch pillows, back support pillows, and pillows to sit with outside while chill'n. My PINTEREST page has a ton of "saved/liked" pillow patterns as well as pillow colors that I would some day want to make.
QUILTER'S DREAM PINK - QUEEN SIZE (2)

MASSDROP -group buy co-op

Premium Poly fiberfill - Amazon purchase 20 #

No comments:

Post a Comment