Sunday, July 2, 2017

Row by Row Experience - Fun shops


SEWFUNNY TJ - 2017 ROW BY ROW ADVENTURES



The 2017 Row By Row has kicked off over a week ago & I have started off with a bang!
The first day, which coincides with the first day of SUMMER I set out to get my Row By Row pattern. I have been staying fairly true to posting my pics on Instagram and Twitter. Now I will blog about some of my fun experience here.

I have yet to start sewing up any of the patterns, but I do have plans on doing so very soon.
I do enjoy the travels to various shops, near & far to talk with the shop owners and the folks putting the kits together to make such lovely quilts, or as some would have it - Rows!

On Day 1; I found that two of the three shops I visited were still in the process of making up kits for sale.  I waited while I shopped for my kit & it felt kinda fun as though I was the first kid in line for ice cream . . . . . 🐱
On Day 2: I visited two more shops in my area, Northern Virginia, Maryland & DC.  I stopped in at my LQS; Sew Easy Sewing/Attic Treasures SewEasySewing Facebook page .  I spoke with the owner & she designed the shops' RowByRow herself - that was nice.  I can't wait to stitch that one up.

By Day 3 & beyond I took nice road trips; some of the shops I frequent are what I consider local, but involve at least a 40 minute or hour long drive to get there.  One of my regular visits, generally once a month or so, is Quilt & Sew - Fredericksburg, Va http://www.quiltandsewonline.com/.  I love their classes & teachers are wonderful. We all have so much fun & what's not to love when you get to see the Bernina's?  I get my machines serviced here.

Here are a few pictures of where my travels have taken me over the last week.

http://rowbyrowstudio.com/

http://www.rowbyrowexperience.com/

FINCH SEWING STUDIO, LEESBURG, VA

DAFFODIL QUILT SHOP, NOKESVILLE, VA


3 SHOPS IN ONE DAY

COLLECTION 

KELLY ANN'S QUILTING, WARRENTON, VA

THAT LITTLE QUILT SHOP, CULPEPPER, VIRGINIA

CULPEPPER, VA

 DOWNTOWN CULPEPPER




So far I have been as far as Charlottesville, Virginia to  COTTONWOOD QUILT SHOP  , I spent so much time in the shop I failed to take any pictures due to my hands being full of fabric- what a great sale!  Just love the staff at the shop & always get a welcome greeting by all when I arrive.

Until my next stop, see you later. I must get sewing on my 2017 Brown Bag Mystery( kellyannsquilting.blogspot.com/2017/03/brown-bag-mystery.html)  from March 2017!! Ugh  so behind on my fun projects.

Row by Row goodies

No comments:

Post a Comment