Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Sewing with friends

Hello again, my readers. I am very pleased today to have a sew-in with a few creative sewing buddies. We worked on the fun tank top "Sorbetto" by Colette pattern. The pattern has undergone some revisions this past spring when I first heard about it from a blogger who was following along during the sew-along tutorial.  I found several versions of the top on Pinterest & I knew then I had to sew this one up & make it a "go to" staple in my wardrobe.
This is a very simplistic top, yet it has tons of wearability potential in anyone's closet. You can dress this up by changing the version & fabric type, or make it your blue jeans partner daily wear. I do like the ability to modify the style to meet your person style
First, the pattern pieces are very easy to put together once you download the FREE pattern from their website colettepatterns. The instructions are straight forward and there is a sew-along tutorial once you download the FREE pattern. I like the clean refreshing directions- no getting lost in the lingo or terms you don't know.
So what does this top look like?  Have a look at my work in progress;

3 comments: